VIDA's COVID-19 Plan of Action
updated 3/20/20, 7:51pm EST
COVID-19 is a serious matter and not to be taken lightly. VIDA Hot Yoga has temporarily suspended operations effective Monday, March 15th.
Based on the new CDC recommendations and the current local situation, we will be closed until at least April 1st.
We will offer updates as we get closer. This situation is evolving locally and nationally and may require further change or suspension of operations. We will continue to keep you informed and relay information in a timely manner. (To read our original announcement, check out this blog post.)
We at Vida do believe at this point that, when we are able to re-open, that we can do so safely.
VIDA Studio Guidelines During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Class size will be limited to 28 (room capacity 43) participants in order to allow ample room between yogis. Social distancing is effective in preventing virus spread and can be easily instituted in our large studio space.
- Please download the VIDA app and enable push notifications so you will be aware of any last-minute changes to the schedule.
- No hands on assisting until further notice
- No IPad for sign in. We recommend that you download the free VIDA app from the app store or sign on using MindBody. If you don’t have the app you can sign-in via the website or with the front desk staff.
- Regular class schedule with some small changes will resume.
- Please register for classes in advance. During this time of additional precautions, we may be canceling classes that have very few people signed-up in advance. It’s reasonable to assume some people will stay home during this time and some class numbers may drop. It is very helpful from a business standpoint if we know whether or not a class will be adequately attended. We will cancel classes with a 12-hour notice if attendance is low.
- 30 minutes will be scheduled between busy evening and weekend classes to allow for advanced cleaning. Please remain outside of the hot room or barre studio until the instructor announces it is time to enter.
- Temporary suspension of all mat rentals
- Temporary suspension of use of studio blocks, straps, and other props. Please feel free to bring your own.
- Temporary suspension of cold cloths at savasana
- Vida will be adding additional staff support during peak hours to assist with advanced cleaning
- At the end of class promptly clean your area and exit the hot room so that advanced cleaning can take place for the following class
What Can You Do For Vida
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you have a fever, cough, or any flu/cold-like symptoms
- Cover all coughs and sneezes
- Sign up for class in advance
- Clean your space, mat, blocks, and props promptly and thoroughly at the end of class with commercial cleaner